For the first day of June, it is a little chilly! 47 degrees at 6:30 called for a long sleeved shirt and capri tights for my 5.88 mile morning run. When I got home the girls were still asleep, which allowed Zak and I to have some uninterrupted conversation before he was on his way to work.
1. Once the girls are on their way with Aunt Ellen, go for a 4.18 mile run in 32:13, so your pace average pace is 7:42
2. Come home and do some body weight exercises
3. Chain self to desk for remainder of afternoon
4. Go ahead and break for lunch around 1:00
5. Make a gigantic salad with red leaf, spinach, carrots, cukes, red pepper and tofu chunks.
6. When it starts getting close to dinner time, unchain self from desk and get started with dinner.
7. Make Black Bean and Salsa Soup
It is SO easy to get up when the days start getting longer and the air is warmer! I beat my 6am alarm this morning by 45 minutes and was up and raring to go at 5:15.
With Jillian Micheals chatting in my ear, I went for slow and easy 8.19 miles in 1:06:45, making my pace about 8:09. A fabulous run under this amazing blue ski this morning!
I have Ava to thank for this pic as I only happened to find it when downloading pictures, forgetting that she ran off with my camera for a bit this morning.
I’ve always been fairly active and believed I ate mostly healthy. Although I’ve never been seriously overweight, I still struggled with my weight for what felt like the majority of my life.
My weight hung out in 130’s in high school, creeping up to the 140’s by graduation and then into the 150’s for The College Years. I slimmed down to the low 140’s again before our wedding in 2001, but my weight made its way back up to the mid 150’s and 160’s in the years following babies and beyond. At 5’3″ with a medium frame, I knew my ideal weight was closer to 125 or 130 than 165 to be sure.