1. Once the girls are on their way with Aunt Ellen, go for a 4.18 mile run in 32:13, so your pace average pace is 7:42
2. Come home and do some body weight exercises
3. Chain self to desk for remainder of afternoon
4. Go ahead and break for lunch around 1:00
5. Make a gigantic salad with red leaf, spinach, carrots, cukes, red pepper and tofu chunks.
6. When it starts getting close to dinner time, unchain self from desk and get started with dinner.
7. Make Black Bean and Salsa Soup
4 cups cooked black beans (or 2 15 oz cans, rinsed and drained), divided
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 16 oz jar of salsa
8 oz of canned or frozen corn
1 Tbsp of ground cumin (more or less to taste)
1 Tbsp cilantro (more or less to taste)
8. In a food processor or blender, add 1/2 of the beans, 1/2 of the salsa and vegetable broth. Puree until smooth
9. Combined pureed beans, whole beans, the rest of the salsa and corn with spices into a pot and cook on medium high heat
10. Totally easy and totally awesome. Pat self on back.
11. And while you’ve got the food processor out, you might as well make some hummus too.
12. Oh yeah, the cumin is still out too, so go ahead and make Cumin Hummus. That’s a good idea
13. Into the food processor bowl, put:
1 can of Eden Organic garbonzo beans, partly drained
Heaping Tbsp tahini
2 cloves of garlic
2 – 3 Tbsp canola oil
2 – 3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp ground cumin
dash of salt
14. Go back and stir the soup
15. Stop the food processor and sample with Kashi Honey Sesame crackers.
16. Pat self on back again
17. Stop eating hummus and stir soup again
18. Put hummus away before you eat it all and leave none for The Man
19. Once soup is heated through, eat just a small cup of it because you ate a bunch of hummus already
And that’s Friday.